Dear Invited Speaker,
As a provider of CME accredited by the Arizona Medical Association, the Catholic Healthcare West - East Valley Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) must ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all continuing education activities. For all category 1 CME activities, CHW in the East Valley places a high priority on the health and well being of the public and requires that all recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in CME in support of patient care recommendations must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
- The content of this program is intended to promote improvements or quality in health care and not specific proprietary business interests of commercial entities.
- All decisions made with regard to presentations (or the planning of this activity) are free of the control of commercial interest(s).
- Presentations will give a balanced view of therapeutic options and evidence based studies will be cited whenever possible. Product recommendations will not be included.
- If it is necessary to include trade names in a presentation, speakers will endeavor to mention trade names of several companies, not just the trade names from a single company.
- Unlabeled use of commercial products or investigational applications not yet approved for use by the FDA will be disclosed to the audience.
- Financial relationships of speakers and planners will be disclosed to the audience.
- Faculty (speakers, authors, planners) will not receive direct remuneration from the commercial supporter of this activity and will abide by CHW in the East Valley’s honoraria policy.
- Failure to disclose will preclude speakers and planners from participating in this educational activity.
For additional information, please contact:
Catholic Healthcare West - East Valley Office of CME