It's important to create a list or packet of information to help paramedics treat you promptly - and appropriately - in an emergency. Experts recommend attaching this list or packet to your refrigerator door. If you have extensive information, post a note on your refrigerator door to let paramedics know to look for it on top of or inside of your refrigerator.
Your list or packet should include information such as:
- Your name, date of birth and blood type.
- Emergency contacts, including your primary care doctor and a friend or relative.
- Any medications you're currently taking, including prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines.
- Your medical history, including existing conditions, allergies, illnesses, surgeries, tests and medical devices (such as a pacemaker).
- A copy of your Advance Directives and Medical Living Will, and Medical Power of Attorney.
- Your insurance card.
<< Back to Emergency Services