Mercy Gilbert Medical Center's Case Management team works to ensure that each patient receives the right care at the right time. The team is comprised of nurse case managers and discharge coordinators who will make sure to review any specific needs you may have to determine what kind of assistance, if any, you will need upon leaving the hospital.
They have the ability to assist you with any of the following, should your doctor request them:
- Assist with durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen, etc.)
- Cordinating communication among your healthcare providers
- Communication with insurance companies
- Discharge from the hospital and a smooth transition to your home, or an inpatient or outpatient care facility
- Home health nursing
- Rehabilitation or transfer to a skilled nursing facility
For more information or additional assistance, please call (480) 728-5654.