Becoming a Participant
When you're considering participating in a clinical trial, you need to know as much information about the study and its components as possible. We've included a few of the questions you might ask before becoming a research volunteer:
- What is the purpose of the study?
- How long will the trial last?
- What other options or choices do I have if I decide not to participate?
- What tests and treatments does the study involve?
- What are the short- and long-term side effects risks and benefits of this trial?
- What are the possible side effects?
- How do these compare to my current treatments?
- What type of long-term follow up care is part of the study?
- Who will pay for the treatment and all other expenses related to the study?
- How can I end my participation in the study if I change my mind?
- Whom do I contact for questions and information about the study?
For additional information, please talk to your doctor or call the East Valley Regional IRB at (480) 728-3582.
Dignity Health HRPO | Dignity Health IRB Locations | Compliance Hotline
<< Back to Study Volunteers