Dignity Health's Arizona hospitals entered into a clinical collaboration with MinuteClinic
, the retail health care division of CVS Caremark, to enhance the affordable health care services we provide in communities throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area.
MinuteClinic has 10 walk-in medical clinics open seven days a week inside select CVS/pharmacy stores in the Phoenix area. Each clinic is staffed by a nurse practitioner who provides treatment for common family illnesses and injuries, administers vaccinations, and provides screenings and health condition monitoring for chronic conditions.
MinuteClinic nurse practitioners can:
- Diagnose, treat and write prescriptions for common family illnesses such as strep throat, bladder infections, pink eye and infections of the ears, nose and throat
- Treat minor wounds, abrasions, joint sprains and skin conditions such as poison ivy, ringworm and acne
- Provide common vaccinations for illnesses such as flu, pneumonia, pertussis, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), tetanus and hepatitis A and B
- Offer camp, sports and college physicals
- Provide a wide range of wellness services, including smoking cessation and screenings to help consumers identify lifestyle changes needed to improve their current and future health
- Offer routine lab tests, instant results and education for those with diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or asthma
No appointments are required at MinuteClinic and most health insurances are accepted, and hours are subject to change. Clinics in the Phoenix area are open:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.