Mercy Gilbert Receives the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™
from Healthgrades, a leading provider of comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This prestigious distinction places Mercy Gilbert and Chandler Regional among the top five percent of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide for clinical performance.
Mercy Gilbert and Chandler Regional are two of 262 hospitals named this year. The two hospitals achieved their status by providing overall clinical excellence across a broad range of clinical procedures and conditions measured by Healthgrades for both risk-adjusted mortality and complication rates during and after a hospital stay. Nationally, if all hospitals performed at this level from 2009 through 2011 a total of 164,414 deaths could have potentially been prevented.
Mercy Gilbert and Chandler Regional were also recognized by Healthgrades for excellence in several other service areas, including:
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Critical Care Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2011-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2013
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Stroke Care Excellence Award™ in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Emergency Medicine in 2012
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Cardiac Services in 2013
To learn more about the award, please click here.
<< Back to Awards & Recognition